Pages

Yoga Flow Christmas Tree Pose

Sunday, December 7, 2014


I've recently had the pleasure of sharing yoga with a group of friends, both experienced yogis and new. It's been a really cool to share what I've learned over the past 10+ years practicing and past year learning to teach with people closest to me. This year I've missed out on quite a few nights out, birthday celebrations and bowling alley sessions to dedicate my time to becoming a yoga instructor. It wasn't easy, but I'm so happy that I now get to make up time with my friends by spending it together on our mats.

It's been almost a year since I decided to just go for it and apply to the Full Circle Yoga Teacher Training. At that time I was unsure if teaching was something I really wanted to do. (I'm shy and I'm an introvert). I knew I wanted a deeper understanding of yoga, so if anything I hoped I'd at least take away the physical and mental benefits of a yoga immersion. I also wanted to be able to share yoga with my husband, something he was unaware of at the time. haha! He now happily practices with me a few times a week, which is really special and awesome. (Something he might vehemently deny, if asked haha).

So as I sit here right now, listening to the playlist I put together for tomorrow's class, I'm so sure that teaching yoga is something I need to do to some capacity. I really hope to be able to carve out more time for teaching yoga in the future. I really wish I had more than 24 hours in a day so I could do it all! haha!

Side bar: I named tomorrow's playlist "Yoga Flow Christmas Tree Pose" due to a little holiday inspiration I included in there. Also, can you guess which pose will be part of our practice?

If anyone reading this is curious about my experience with the program or has any questions about my experience with yoga teacher training in general, feel free to leave me a comment or email me at hop.float.fly[at]gmail.com.

One nice perk of FCY Yoga Teacher Training: we started out every Sunday of YTT with a rise & shine practice in the park:

Photo Credit: Full Circle Yoga

2 comments :

  1. awww, i love that you share this with your husband! that's so rad! i hope to get myself into teacher training sometime soon. it's a little difficult with my schedule being the way it is because i will not sacrifice trapeze on weekends to do it outside of business hours. one day :) and i will come knocking on your door for guidance. great pics!!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get the opportunity to do teacher training some time. We should totally do a yoga session before we fly together this summer. I'll put together a yoga for trapeze artists sequence to get us all warmed up!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |